SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#110574 - 01/07/05 09:39 AM Re: Request for Steve Deming "YamahaUS1"
shakeel Ahmed Offline

Loc: gujranwala,punjab,Pakistan
Dear mr.Steve,

It is very great that u are listening us.
I recently bought psr 3000.I found one thing is very small but very disturbing that
whenever we record even a single note each time the display shows warning about losing
data if the power is swiched off.Ooohh it is
very annoying and the only solution is press
the exit button.This does not happen in
my psr2100.Pleeaasse try to remove this unwanted warning.Steve please do reply. Thanks.

#110575 - 01/07/05 03:21 PM Re: Request for Steve Deming "YamahaUS1"
Beakybird Offline

Steve,

Thank you enormously for your concern and your response to this problem, probably the only gripe past PSR2000/2100/740 owners have about this amazing keyboard.

On future models, the only real solution is to have dedicated buttons for the most commonly used functions - like TALK ON/OFF, HARMONIZER ON/OFF, ECHO/HARMONY ON/OFF, and EFFECTS ON/OFF.

As far as OS updates, I think that your idea is excellent.

I have another good idea. When the bottom of the LCD is set to BALANCE, button #8 is not being used. That button could be dedicated to TALK ON/OFF. I think the TALK ON/OFF is the most glaring button absent, because it makes it difficult to insert a stray remark into one's performance.

Let's say I'm performing for a dance, and a couple is doing a marvelous job, I love to be able to press the TALK button in the middle of the song and say, "Let's give a hand for the dancers." There are many other situations, where it is essential to be able to quickly get rid of that reverb to say something.

So I see your solution as the best. Assigning button #8 to one of the desired functions is second best. Enabling the keyboard to receive sysex or other midi messages to get these functions to kick in is also a good solution.

Whether or not I buy the successor to the PSR3000 in a year or year and a half, will depend a lot on whether this issue is resolved.

Thank you again, and Happy New Year.

Beakybird

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online